by Pulpit Helps
Morris H. Chapman, Southern Baptist leader, suggests that congregations uncertain of how their pastors stand on the Bible should pose this series of questions to them:
• "Do you believe salvation comes by faith in Christ and Him alone? Is there any other way to be saved?"
• "Do you believe the Bible to be God's absolute truth in all matters to which it speaks?"
• "Do you believe the narratives of Scripture to be historically and factually accurate?"
• "Do you believe every Christian should be a soul-winner?"
• "What is your passion in life?"
"If a person is truthful, these questions, and others like them, will reveal the condition of an individual's heart before God," Chapman said. "The difference is in the belief system."